If you advertise on Facebook but don’t use a Facebook Pixel, you’re losing out on a very effective tool that can multiply your business by ten times. Also, you could add the Facebook pixel to your website and reap maximum benefit. So, to help you with “How to install Facebook Pixel on a website?” we have come up with this blog.
What is a Facebook pixel?
A Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you place on your website. At present, Facebook Pixel is also referred to as Meta Pixel. It is an analytics tool that is beneficial for anyone looking to evaluate the efficacy of the social network’s advertising and guide it in the proper direction.
In fact, every Facebook ad has 1-pixel code. To make it short and simple, Facebook Pixel allows optimisation for conversions and helps you in creating numerous powerful Facebook retargeting ads. In fact, you will majorly need a Facebook Business Account, Facebook Conversion Events, Facebook Pixel, Google Tag Manager, Ecommerce Platform Product Feed, and Facebook Catalog.
7 Benefits of Facebook Pixel
- The Facebook pixel installation is completely free.
- When users return to your website, you may monitor their behavior using Facebook Pixel.
- It enables you to target consumers with greater relevance while assisting you in determining which advertisements are most successful.
- You can display targeted ads to users who have already visited your website, thanks to Facebook’s pixel tracking data.
- You can construct lookalike audiences by using the information from the Facebook pixel.
- You can monitor the audience’s behaviour across different devices using the Facebook pixel.
- The Facebook pixel tracks information like website page views, searches, or things that were added to a shopping cart.
Types of a Facebook pixels
There are two types of Facebook pixels: Basic/Standard and Event-Based.
Base/Standard Facebook pixel
A Base Pixel, which is located in the Ads Manager > Events Manager, is required before you can install the Pixel. These can only give data on page view and viewed page URL. But if you have to see on button click then, you can’t do it with it.
This overcomes the shortcoming of a base pixel. You can take actions of customers as events and there are a total of 17 events. These events are:
- Complete registration – one has to complete some type of registration flow, such as creating an account.
- Contact – one has to initiate contact between your customer and your business via email, phone, text or chat.
- Customise Product – one has to customise a product, such as selecting a longer shaft for the golf club you want to buy
- Donate – one has to donate to your business or cause.
- Find Location – one has to look up a physical store location from your online store
- Add payment info – one has to add payment information during the checkout process
- Add to cart – one has to add a product to cart
- Add to wishlist – one has to add a product to wishlist
- Initiate checkout – one has to start the checkout process.
- Lead – one has to sign up for a trial or test product, and accepting to be contacted by your company at a later date
- Purchase – one has to complete a purchase on your site.
- Schedule – one has to schedule a meeting or appointment at one of your store locations, such as to try out new golf clubs.
- Search – one has to execute a search query on the site.
- Start trial – one has to initiate a trial.
- Submit application – one has to submit an application, such as applying for a job.
- Subscribe – one has to sign up for a paid subscription.
- View content – one has viewed an important content page, such as a product page
It’s critical to note that Facebook will try to track data on its own if you choose not to provide the data. It can act and leave you with inaccurate numbers and mixed results, meaning data can appear.
What is a Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that helps you to get quick and easy update measurement codes and related code fragments” tags” on your website or mobile app. A Tag Manager allows you to add and update your tags for conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing, and more.
If you’re using Google Tag Manager to manage tags for your website, then you can also add your Facebook/Meta Pixel to your Google Tag Manager account in order to measure and optimize the results of your Facebook advertising.
How does Facebook Pixel work?
The Facebook Pixel works by placing a cookie on your website, which tracks visitors so you can later retarget them with advertising. It gathers information to assist you in tracking conversions from Facebook advertisements, optimizing ad campaigns, building targeted audiences for future ads, and remarketing to website visitors who have already taken action.
Why Connect Facebook Pixel with the website ?
With connecting Facebook Pixel with the website, you will know the details of traffic and you can target them. Make the traffic as an audience and get them to show ads. The power of Facebook Pixel checks on interactions of website and they resent to the ads account.
Understanding the Website technology to decide the use of Facebook pixel
If you are willing to get Facebook Pixel on your website, then you must know the technology of the website. These technologies are basically: 1) WordPress 2) WooCommerce 3)Custom-made.
- To install Facebook Pixel WordPress or WooCommerce, we have plugins and Facebook-related plugins or you can also use Google Tag Manager.
- For custom-made, you can use Google Tag Manager or give the base code to the developer
Pro Tip: To view which Pixels are on each page and to verify that your Pixel has been installed properly, you can download the Google Chrome plugin “Facebook Pixel Helper.”
How to install Facebook pixel on your website? Step By Step Guide
- Go to your Ads Manager, click on 9 dots and Go to Events manager. [Pixels are here]
- In the event manager, you can see data source. You have to connect a data source. You will get an option of -Web, App, and Offline. Select Web to connect website and click “Get Started”.
- Now, you will have to check for Set Up Web events. Here you select a connection method of Pixel and connect.
- Now, you have to add details where you will write: Name of your pixel, Check website/enter website for easy setup. Website checking is optional. After adding details, you can continue.
- Now, you will have your pixel. You can also choose how you want to install pixel code- Manually or Use a partner integration.
- Select manually and you can see 3 steps: 1) Install base code 2) Enable advanced matching 3)Add event code.
I. Start off with an Install base code where you will copy the base code. By this time, you should have your website connected to Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager.
How to Connect a website with Google Tag manager?
- Go to the backend of the website, Check for appearance, and then theme editor. There you can search header.php.
- Open header.php, paste the <head>code of Google Tag manager on <head> and paste <body> on <body> part.
- Update, Submit, Publish, and Continue.
- Double-check if GTM is well connected.[ Just Refresh, Preview Mode]
How to Connect Facebook Pixel to Google Tag Manager?
- On Tag Manager, click on tags and make a new tag and name it.
- Click on Tag Configuration and go to custom HTML and paste your Pixel Code.
- On trigger, choose all pages and save.
- Submit, Publish, and Continue.
- Check Facebook Pixel to the website, and you will see a bar of GTM.
II. Click, Continue and Close
Steps to take when someone else updates the code on your website.
- Go to the Pixels tab in Events Manager.
- Click Set up a pixel.
- Click on email instructions.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Click send at the bottom of the page.
iOS update and effect on Facebook Pixel
Many people believe that their privacy and data security is violated by advertisers, and understanding this scenario, Apple introduced its latest update iOS 14.5. iPhone users have been confronted with a pop-up that gives them the option to turn off third-party app monitoring ever since Apple introduced its iOS 14.5 update. Ever since then, marketing firms and e-commerce store owners have been going crazy.
The exact reason is that Facebook Pixel installed on websites with HTML code is subjected to ad blockers built for the web browser. Therefore, tracking for app and online conversion events, as well as limited Facebook Ads functionality, will be available on iOS 14 devices. Ad personalizations and performance reporting are directly impacted by this.
Now that Facebook Pixel is being challenged, Facebook Conversion API is getting popular.
What to do to retarget the audience (iPhone user) who can choose to prevent being tracked by Facebook Pixel?
Facebook can still track its 2 audience types: 1) Those who have watched your video for different time stamps 2) anyone who is engaged on Facebook as a like or visit to your page. Both type of audience are very less likely to leave Facebook and Instagram, so, you have to work to target them via awesome content, especially video. You must post regularly to leverage your business.
Finding the best Facebook Ads Marketing Agency in Sydney?
Sydney is an IT hub of Australia and finding a digital marketing agency in Sydney is not hard as you can find numerous agencies; however, finding the one who can help you achieve your dream goals on time is quite daunting. Well, among various names in digital marketing and Facebook Advertising company is Australia, NSW IT Solution, makes on the top.
We offer Facebook advertising strategy, build engaging brand content, boost your engagement or scale your lead generation, and create customer-centric ads so that the right custom audiences.
If you’re looking for ways to grow your business on Facebook, then look no further than NSWIT Solution is here! Contact us Today!