Local SEO is another search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that helps your business to become more visible in local search results on Google. When your business gets better visibility, you are bound to enjoy more sales and profits. So, what are the strategies to improve your local SEO so that you can relish maximum sales and revenues? Well, we are covering that topic in this blog. Let’s get started!!
What is a local SEO strategy?
Local SEO strategy is important because it helps you cover all the aspects needed to be found by local searchers or those looking for service nearby local places. Thus to upgrade your local seo game, you need a strong local SEO strategy. With proper Local SEO strategy, your business can achieve the highest business visibility and higher ranking in Google under given keywords and eventually increase in visits as well as sales in brick-and-mortar locations.
Importance of Local SEO strategies for local Businesses
Any local businesses, bars, and restaurants, real estate companies, medical service providers, boutiques, hair salons, government agencies, local non-profit organizations, coffee shops, law offices, local contractors, plumbers, local marketing agencies, auto dealers, photographers, colleges and universities, etc. need Local SEO which helps them reach out to their targeted audience near them. Local SEO, in fact, allows local companies to compete for better appearances in local searches and earn a ranking boost in local/place searches.
Let’s look into Local SEO’s other benefits:
- Local SEO helps in presenting your company as an expert in your region, making local clients stop by your place, both online and offline, and make a purchase. This results in increased sales.
- Local SEO can help you appear in google’s 3 pack, which simply means showing up on the first three results of local searches of a keyword.
- When your product/service and local SEO is top-notch, nothing can stop you from having fans of your products/services. Further, they can build a strong community. They can become your word-of-mouth agents too.
Role of a Local SEO Company for businesses
Any local SEO company ensures to provide comprehensive local search engine optimization services to businesses. Their major responsibilities are:
- To understand the importance of local SEO for a brand’s success.
- Help you with your local digital marketing and local search optimization endeavors.
- Own SEO experts who provide consultation and guidance while also explaining to your team 1) what local SEO is and 2) how to do local SEO effectively.
- Utilize the latest tools to create a local SEO checklist that outlines each local SEO strategy included in your packages.
- Help your business achieve higher rankings for higher conversions, higher sales, and an increase in revenue.
Top 10 ways to create a winning local SEO strategies for your business
Audit Your Existing Website
Don’t start off with worrying about developing fresh SEO content; get the first step which solving the existing issue on the website. Thus, a website audit is crucial, and with your specific local SEO audits, you can diagnose your site’s strengths and weaknesses.
Further, an SEO audit can assist you in finding any problems that might be preventing your website from getting successful. Thus, with various tools and resources available on the market, you can examine your ON and OFF page SEO as they relate to local-area-specific keywords.
Conduct Competitor Keyword Research
Local SEO also focuses on beating local competitors and “your brand” staying on top. As another local SEO strategy, competitor keyword research and analysis help you determine which keywords your competitors are ranking for. For this, you can opt for SEO tools as they provide details on keywords your competitors are ranking at and the source of their backlinks.
Thus, after seeing the graph of everything about competitors’ keywords and ranking, you can start working on your next local SEO strategy.
Identify Geo-Specific Keywords
Geo-specific keywords or geo-targeting keywords always focus on the location of your business, customers, or delivery area. Companies rely on SEO tools to research and examine geo-specific search volume and competition level. Making maximum and precise use of these geo-keywords can be a smart move to your local SEO practice.
Some examples of Geo-specific keywords are:
- Best SEO agency in Sydney
- Local SEO company in Sydney
- Affordable SEO company in Sydney
- SEO Agency Sydney
- SEO Agency Sydney Australia
Claim And Optimize Your Google My Business Profile
Claiming your Google My Business profile is one of the easiest ways to boost local SEO. Here, you will have your NAP(Name, Address, Phone Number) and your company to get listed on the business listing. To create your GMB profile it is better to have a physical location. Moreover, the profile details play a great role in local search performance. You can also add categories, contact details, photos, and business hours.
Go for Multi-Local Brands for Hyper-Localized Content
First of all, multi-local brands always focus on developing hyper-local content, which means making their location as specific as possible. Making every location page unique doesn’t mean renaming the city name, but it is more about keeping your location as precise as possible. For this, you can get into making some useful, relevant, and engaging activities in your location and neighborhood.
Get connected Local news people
In developing hyper-local content, the best way is to collaborate with the local news, publication house, and journalist. Your company name on online publications can improve your local SEO. So, getting a list of top local publications for news coverage and fostering relationships with them and local journalists is the smart Local SEO strategy. With that coverage, you’ll start getting referral traffic which will eventually improve your local SEO immensely.
Make your On-Page SEO game strong more than ever
On-page SEO focuses on optimizing your website for localized keywords and better ranking. For better on-page SEO, you must work on:
- Keyword Mapping, where you will have each page with a specific target keyword relevant to the page.
- Title and Meta Description Optimization in order to make each page unique with a unique title and description.
- Content writing, where you will write informative, keyword-optimized content explaining what your business is about and the services/products you offer.
- Internal Linking to add links between various pages on your website.
- Image Optimization, where you will have your alt text optimized with target keywords.
- URL Structure, where the URLs for all of your pages and posts are fixed and relevant.
Give your Business Info to Directory Listings
Other than GMB, there are other online directories: Yelp, YellowPages, Bing Places, etc., where you can submit your business information. Wherever you place the details, the goal should be to submit your information to authoritative and (ideally) localized directories. You can anticipate traffic, link earning, and improved local SEO with successful submission on such directories. As far as possible, attempt to find industry-related directories location specific.
Remember to avoid spammy sites or drop the idea of paying for directory listings.
Get your Audience to enjoy Google Virtual Tour
Google Virtual Tour is another great tool for businesses concerned with local SEO where you can now add a 3-D photo tour of your business to your Google profile. Neatly placed photos can bring you 2X better traffic and signal Google that your company is liked by people and hence giving you a promotion on ranking. So, don’t miss out on adding this feature to enhance your search algorithms.
Prioritize Reputation Management
Overall, Google has observed that positive reviews increase a company’s visibility, highlighting the significance of local rankings. Thus, maximizing local SEO performance with active online reputation management is a must. You can track, manage, and proactively collect reviews using a variety of tools. But remember, GMB reviews are the unquestionable main focus.
What would you need in Local SEO strategies?
In order to execute your Local SEO strategies, you will need certain things to enhance the ranking. Let’s see what are they.
- Local SEO tools to track rankings, competitor insight, develop SEO-optimized keywords, monitor performance, and many more.
- Local rank checker to monitor your keyword ranking across multiple websites and search engines and also track and improve your SEO performance.
- Local maps to increase visibility and SEO performance.
- Content marketing tools for local SEO with which you submit guest posts, publish content on local websites, write local content, etc.
A Scenario of Local SEO agencies in Australia
Digital marketing services in Australia is growing, and so is the number of SEO agencies. With the utilization of SEO practices, brands are getting better at Google positioning. Further, with Local SEO, both small and big businesses are featuring themselves on Google for local and international clients. In fact, SEO agencies in Australia recommend, and most of them even include, Local SEO in their service package to achieve the goal of improved ranking.
Finding the best SEO agency in Australia
At NSWIT Solutions, we provide SEO services under our digital marketing service. Our SEO experts work in technical website audits, high-quality link acquisition, and focused content marketing and eventually helping clients to produce sustainable SEO results. We are a leading Sydney SEO team equipped with all SEO tools and strategies while also having honesty, transparency, and dedication to our work. We also provide Local SEO in Sydney, where we help brands from different industries rank high, get on top local searches, and have their sales improved.
Contact us if you are in search of the best SEO agency in Sydney or are on verge of starting your SEO journey.