After the pandemic hit the world, a shift in the workspace was witnessed. The business owners were bound to have their employees work from home rather than on-site. Some organisations allowed employees to take the office desktop and laptop and setup home while others worked with their equipment and mobile devices. As per sources, in 2022, 16% of companies worldwide have become fully remote. In fact, remote work has grown 91% over the past ten years. Employees say working from home or remote work is best as they don’t waste their time commuting, which is why 88% of employees are happy with the setup. Ok, this is valid for employees to love remote work and tech support, but how can it be suitable for businesses? How is remote control service offered? What do support officers do? Well, we will cover that in detail in this blog. But first, let’s dive into the details of Remote IT support.
What is Remote IT Support?
According to Zoho, “Remote Support is the ability to remotely access and control a computer or mobile device anytime, anywhere using a reliable and secure remote support software.” Remote IT support is a type of IT-related service that allows you to outsource your tech needs to an IT service provider. An IT service provider is responsible for managing an IT department of an organisation remotely.
Remote IT support solutions are offered in 3 steps.
Step 1: Get connected to the service provider through phone, video, or support app.
Step 2: Request an IT service for your tech concern(s).
Step 3: You will be provided with all the necessary solutions to diagnose and fix your systems remotely.
What is remote access?
Remote access is the ability to connect and access a personal device, server, network, or system and then to take control of it from anywhere, i.e., without being physically present. Remote access includes two sides: End users and Support teams. Remote access helps employees to work off-site or remotely. For this, remote access software is used, some of them are:
- RemotePC ( remote access solution to access and control PCs & Macs remotely from any iOS/Android device)
- GoToMyPC (remote desktop software which helps users to access computers remotely using a web browser)
- TeamViewer (used to view desktop or mobile devices from another device.)
- Zoho Assist(used to secure remote support sessions and screen-sharing sessions )
- Splashtop(a tool that gives distant employees access to and control over their workplace computers. )
- VNC Connect(Virtual Network Computing is used to control another computer remotely. )
What is a remote support session?
Remote Sessions are desktop-sharing access connections that allow you to control and restart a Windows or macOS computer remotely. There are four types of remote sessions: Remote Desktop, Remote Terminal, Remote Application, and Remote Browser.
A remote support session can be utilised to view and access a customer’s computer when troubleshooting or downtime issues arise. It also allows collaboration among support engineers.
What Are Some Common Remote Technical Support Services?
Remote IT support solutions offer services that are flexible, scalable, and quickly resolve technical issues. These services include:
- Cyber security: It includes services to secure your computers, servers, electronic systems, networks, mobile devices, and data from malicious attacks. [ Here, Pentests, State-of-the-art protection against virtual and physical breaches, Compliance, Malware Detection, and Threat hunting are done.]
- Cloud management includes services for partial or complete control of a client’s cloud resources or infrastructure.
- Product support: Remote IT support can offer strong support to any SMB product.
- Installation and setup: Here, it includes installations of operating systems, server migration, server configuration, and more.
- Incident-based support: It entails specialised remote IT support responding to an incident and tackling any problems.
- Managed services support: It consists of a range of IT services designed to cut costs and improve corporate operations.
- IT consultation: It includes advisory services related to IT business or process strategies.
- System monitoring: It includes services that manage, operate, and monitor IT systems.
- Helpdesk: A help desk includes any individual, group, or external service where an IT user makes a call to get help with an IT-related problem.
- Disaster Recovery (DR): In this, a business can gain access and functionality to its IT infrastructure after events like natural disasters.
- Business Continuity (BC): Here, remote IT services can help the organisation to maintain crucial functions during and/or after a service disruption.
- IT network support, remote assistance, and IT helpdesk to support customers.
- VoIP solutions: This technology allows businesses to make voice calls using a broadband Internet connection.
- Support Remote computer or desktop via a remote takeover.
- Remote support for patching and updates rolled out to workstations, mobile devices, applications, and hardware.
- VPN configuration for secure remote support and communication.
- Secure remote solutions to protect remote work-from-home employees.
10 Benefits of Remote IT Support
Here are the benefits of having on-demand remote IT support services.
1. Secure and Grow Your Business
Employees have found saying that their Work from Home situation often hands them with the condition to use their internet connection, which may not be as secure as the network running in the office. Thus, to solve this, with remote IT support, updates and patches along with antivirus software are installed. This will certainly secure your employees and business. And the more secure the business, the faster the growth will be.
2. Cost-effective solution
For budget-conscious companies, remote IT support is cost-effective as remote tech support is faster and more affordable. However, pricing for remote IT support models can vary from one MSP to another. With IT support, businesses can pay monthly fees to the support company instead of paying for salaries, overtime, and other unexpected expenses required for the in-house IT team.
3.24/7 support and security
No business can afford to leave their IT-related issue for a while as it is dangerous, causing loss of time and threat to data. So, in such cases, Remote IT support is a much better option. Your managed IT service provider accesses your network or computers remotely, then technicians conduct procedures such as upgrades 24/7, i.e. any time of day or night. The best part is you can just pick up the phone or email or have a live chat to communicate your IT issues. Your IT issues are addressed by dedicated help desk technicians offering efficient and fast resolution. This rapid response time is best for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) who are yet to start their in-house help desk. When IT issues get solved quickly, your employees can get back to work better and contribute to business growth. Overall, remote IT support offers rapid response times and better customer service.
4. Proactive monitoring & maintenance
A reactive IT strategy focuses more on minimising the cost of maintaining IT needs and reacting to situations that arise. But opposite to reactive strategy, a proactive strategy views IT as an investment focused on keeping the machines in the office up and running at peak efficiency.
A proactive strategy is one of the great advantages of remote IT support. The remote IT support team will be alerted whenever any issues arise if remote monitoring is put on critical technological assets, such as servers. Before any IT issue affects the organisation, the IT support experts step in, run the diagnostics, and resolve the issues.
5. Empowering remote workers
Remote employees are those employees of an organisation who work from their home offices. Remote employees can reap the benefits of not having to commute and working from any flexible location. Remote employees should also receive a consistent level of IT support. Remote IT support can assist these workers in resolving technological issues. The support team rapidly and effectively fix remote employees’ IT issues as per resource availability.
In most cases, an IT specialist will work alone to fix IT systems on-site. However, via remote technical help, employees in an organisation can be assisted in each step of repair or maintenance. Organisations can hence participate in the problem-solving process, which can get both in-house and remote employees to learn valuable skills and eventually resolve some problems independently.
6. Scalable solutions and increased productivity
With standardised remote IT support, new employees can do their work and speed quickly when they are onboarded. Furthermore, businesses can handle and utilise technology to build scalable businesses.
When it comes to hindrances to productivity, IT issues can also be responsible. Thus in this context, remote IT support services allow you to resolve IT challenges quickly and have your business operations run smoothly. This hence allows your team to focus on critical tasks without getting distracted.
7. A Great Access to IT Talent
Attracting and employing top IT talent can be difficult for organisations, but with managed IT services providers, organisations can have complete access to top IT talent. These remote IT experts are seasoned and have accreditations; they have been exposed to more extensive and common technical issues. Another benefit is the opportunity to change your technician. If any business is unhappy with the specialist assigned, then they can request the next available team member. So, finding the right person for your business IT needs is easy.
In fact, you can just leave it to the experts and trained professionals. A trained IT professional monitors and manages computer hardware, software and networks within an organisation. When you opt for getting services from a remote IT support provider, a trained and equipped team member/support technician will be assigned to your company. When a staff sends a support request, these support technicians can access the service via experts from a large IT team with various skills.
8. Access to Cutting-Edge Technologies
Digital Twins, IoT for a hyperconnected world, Quantum Computing, Metaverse, Superapps, New Energy Solutions, Sustainable Technologies, etc., are the leading trends in the IT sector. The IT support company focuses on these trends, upcoming technological advancements, the latest hardware devices, or upgraded software tools.
So with such remote IT support companies, businesses can enjoy the benefits of support services that are regularly updated and stay in alignment with the latest technologies. This kind of upgrade and up-to-date nature of IT support companies helps the organisation to stay at the forefront of business. Furthermore, a business can purchase any of those IT products as the dedicated MSP is there to offer their service.
9. Reduced Downtime
Downtime falls into two categories: planned (includes wash downs, cleanouts, film changes, and label changes) and unplanned(Failure due to Incidental, Mechanical, Production, Sanitation, and Scheduling). In fact, an organisation may encounter network downtime [An inaccessibility of a network due to the failure of a particular system, application, or the entire network of an organisation]. Losing work hours after being stuck because of an IT issue or downtime is a great loss for IT-based businesses. But Remote IT support is here to help businesses get back online quickly. Businesses can run internal and external analyses, ensure quality equipment, and employ backup power connections for reduced downtime.
10. Best for emergency response
Remembering the bad days of the COVID-19 pandemic is certainly triggering. It forced the world to work remotely and got companies to make adjustments, i.e. shift online. Hence, the remote support IT services soared up, IT Supports jobs were in demand, and the business shifted from an on-site premise to cloud-based working. This Remote IT support delivers a faster, more streamlined emergency response for your business, ensuring that critical data is safe and secure in the chosen cloud storage solutions.
How can businesses secure a remote work environment?
- A VPN can be used to get your cybersecurity effectively. With VPN, employees’ traffic gets encrypted, making it harder to sustain an attack.
- Have Cloud-Native Technologies handle the endpoints and user data used in the new hybrid work model.
- Have Zero-Trust Network Access to grant least-privileged access and provide other enhanced protections.
- Use Separate Corporate SSIDs for all work-related traffic.
- You can access-management review with a multifactor authentication facility.
- You can have security Feedback Mechanisms for every security policy, control, and regular plan.
- You can ban On BYOD(Bring Your Own Device) so that the security threat you can encounter with underpowered personal devices of employees can be prevented. You can provide desktops and devices which are mostly company-owned to have greater control over security measures.
- Organisations can have effective Cybersecurity Training And Assistance implemented for more effective use of these technologies. Also, Remote workers must be trained on remote security measures to protect data and company personnel.
- You must communicate clearly and use messaging apps to handle meetings and sensitive issues.
- Businesses can migrate to the cloud to improve workplace efficiency and security. They must ensure to get help from Best available Managed IT Support Provider.
Switch to NSWIT Support for comprehensive IT support for your business
If you are looking for remote IT support in Australia or the best MSP in Australia, then you can choose us, NSW IT Support. We have been providing organisations with expert IT solutions. Our IT support professionals proactively monitor your entire network 24/7 and respond to issues or threats within minutes. We help business IT support, safeguard their critical data and increase productivity at every level with on-site and remote support options.
Get connected to us and relish the ideal remote IT support solution for your business. We will put our per cent into offering the best remote support solutions and prompt customer support.